Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
More discoveries. NEW: Zeiss Victory SF 32

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Back Lanes

Old Thursday 23rd October 2008, 00:55   #1
Mannix
Forum Member

Back Lanes

Just lately I have been checking out my local area to see what is about. And frankly I am mad to the point of erupting at what I find. Today I went down three lanes. The first was full of McDonalds food cartons and drinks cups along with beer cans and empty cigarette packets. The second had a huge mountain of used car tyres dumped by some R sole and the third (near a river) has a load of barbecue stuff plus empty cans and loads of unwanted fishing line in a big ball. I want to have the power to detect the people who do this and reign upon them such monsters and badness that they live the rest of their lives in fear of what they did.
What is it that makes someone care so little about places of greatness that they can dump all of their unwanted crap in it?
Sometimes it is merely yards from a dumpit site.
I hate these people.
Old Thursday 23rd October 2008, 05:13   #2
tingjunkie
a.k.a. Richard Cissel

You are preaching to the choir. You should see the public park I work in (in the Bronx) after a summer weekend. Luckily as a park Ranger, I get to ticket these creeps if I see it happen. I would really like to see the fine go from the $50 it currently is to about $500 though. While we're at it, let's make it the same for the people who don't pick up after their dogs! Or, better yet, mandatory community service picking up trash.
Old Thursday 23rd October 2008, 21:13   #3
Floyd Barnes

yeah its usually Mcdonalds wrappers or Fosters lager cans!??
A few weeks ago at my local patch ,someone had dumped a load of old kitchen units. As well as black bin bags of household rubbish. What I would like to ask these "low lives" is - why? do they expect someone else to move it
or are they just content for it to stay there forever? Morons!!
Old Thursday 23rd October 2008, 21:31   #4
James_Owen

The why probably has something to do with the cost of waste management, cheaper to just dump some stuff. I cycle to work along country lanes and lately I've been passing two or three pairs of underpants suspended in the roadside hedges. Might be an entirely different explanation for those.
Old Thursday 23rd October 2008, 21:55   #5
pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Owen View Post
I cycle to work along country lanes and lately I've been passing two or three pairs of underpants suspended in the roadside hedges. Might be an entirely different explanation for those.
I think you should investigate!

BF Supporter 2006 2007 2008 2009 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Friday 24th October 2008, 03:02   #6
tingjunkie
a.k.a. Richard Cissel

This post is quickly descending into OT territory, so why not keep going...

Know who really ought to be put in the stocks for public display and humiliation...? Seat p***ers. I mean really, how hard is it to lift the seat up with your foot before you go? If any of you types are reading this, I want you to know you are passive-aggressive, little fractions of men, and you should consider sitting down in shame if you can't be trusted to hit the target. I would happily tell you this to your face if I could only find out who you are. Seriously guys, the rest of us learned this valuable life-skill back in preschool.

To the rest of you... well done my brothers. Carry on.

Last edited by tingjunkie : Friday 24th October 2008 at 03:26.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: