• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (7 Viewers)

Thankyouall
some sketching in the garden enjoying the sun yesterday

Attachments

• L1040754.jpg
    L1040754.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 59
  • L1040756.jpg
    L1040756.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 47
  • L1040758.jpg
    L1040758.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 65
  • L1040759.jpg
    L1040759.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 57
I sit in my own garden and see House Finches up high and backlit so that there's always the same dull silhouette as my only subject matter. Then I come and see how well behaved your garden birds are Arthur, though I suspect artistic talent has a lot to do with that!

Thankyou both

Ken I have a ground feeder by the window and put the cane and fork for perching on. the cane is about six foot away and often look up to see a bird giving me the once over,feathered unfortunately at my age.

Attachments

• L1040760.jpg
    L1040760.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 55
  • L1040763.jpg
    L1040763.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 58
Ken I have a ground feeder by the window and put the cane and fork for perching on.

I'm going to have to stick an old fork in the garden Arthur and see if I find some birds will perch for me! I'd never thought of putting something in the garden for birds to perch on. I hope today to put up some tomato cages and then will hope that a hummingbird or two will eventually find his way to them.

I do love to see your delicate hand here Arthur, utterly unique style. What's not to love about a hunting spar? This looks like another winner in the making.

Mike

Looking good Arthur!
I love your pencil studies and as Tim already noticed, the first I`m also looking for is feet and beaks. These features are so important to me because they give the correct expression of each bird and you managed to capture this perfectly!

Paschalis

Brian a one off but what a tick for in the garden.

Paschalis I agree with you, but I would also add the eye for the size ratio and expression.

Thanks John.

After Jubilee celebrations a bit more done

Attachments

• L1040781.jpg
    L1040781.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 55

Users who are viewing this thread

Back