• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last Bird of 2017 (1 Viewer)

dantheman

Bah humbug
Not sure if this one has been done before.

What was your last bird this year? I thought mine was going to be Herring Gull, as I just heard one calling, but then I realised the girlfriend was watching Jaws on Dvd, and it wasn't one outside on the roof! (and going to be an American Herring Gull too I guess).

Assuming I don't go outside in the next 2 hours, going to struggle to know what the last bird actually was ...

I was at work until 4pm and, rather bizarrely, didn't see or hear a single bird on the mile home. It WAS blowing a hooley and getting dark so I guess they'd all gone off to roost.

Last edited:
Blue Tit for me (feeding in my Buddleia at last light) though I may have a call or two to record when I stick my head out just before midnight.

John

Black-headed gulls, sheltering in the marina at Torquay. Turned out the reason they were sheltering was that the rain was about to return, and that was that for the afternoon.

Jaws - that tale of bromance to see in the new year. Interesting choice Dan:-O

I was watching the garden birds with my youngest yesterday so I guess Blue Tit would have been our last.

Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back