• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CBs on Scilly (1 Viewer)

MSA

I may be relaxed but I'm not drunk....
After a gap of several years I'll be on Scilly 21-25 Oct this year. As I'll be on my tod I wondered if the CBs are still in use, and also if you'd be able to join in using a walkie-talkie (Binatone Terrain 550, if it makes a difference), or if they're for hire by the day.

Ta!

Cheers Phil - being a non-pager person I figured I'd be better off with something, so it looks like I'll at least be able to hire a CB if the walkie-talkie doesn't work.

Cheers Phil - being a non-pager person I figured I'd be better off with something, so it looks like I'll at least be able to hire a CB if the walkie-talkie doesn't work.

Alternatively Dick has pagers on hire from the RBA table at the log for about half the price of a CB if memory serves me right.

Alternatively Dick has pagers on hire from the RBA table at the log for about half the price of a CB if memory serves me right.

Just had a look back at last year's advert; CB hire was £39.50 (presumably a week). Found an RBA advert from 2010 advertising pager hire at £25 for the first week.

Just wondering if anyone else will still be on the islands at that point in time to be actually putting anything out ... ? ;)

Just wondering if anyone else will still be on the islands at that point in time to be actually putting anything out ... ? ;)

Is this an April fool joke!! ;-)

We're all on the week after. CB and all! I bought one forabout 30 quid in 2006. Used it every year since.

Just had a look back at last year's advert; CB hire was £39.50 (presumably a week). Found an RBA advert from 2010 advertising pager hire at £25 for the first week.

Vaughan sells them at that price.... given that £39.50 is more than they cost to buy, hiring them wouldn't be a great deal.....

Sean

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back