• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Grand Canyon ID (1 Viewer)

scooby77

Hello,

took this photo, while at the Grand Canyon. Just starting on my interest on ID'ing some of the pictures.

If anyone has any recommendations on books or websites which are worth looking at please let me know.

I am sure this is an easy one to start with, but I am a learner.

Attachments

• P1000625cropped.jpg
    P1000625cropped.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 164
If anyone has any recommendations on books or websites which are worth looking at please let me know.

Hello and welcome to the forum. If you are looking for books that will help you to identify North American birds, I would recommend the two Sibley regional guides -- one is for birds of Eastern North America and the other is for birds of western North America (West means west of the Rocky Mountains). I think they are better for beginners than the Sibley Guide to the Birds (which covers all North America), because the regional guides have more extensive textual explanation regarding the birds and how to identify them.

Hope this helps,
Jim

I use both the National Federation of Wildlife Field Guide to Birds of North America and the National Geographic guide for the same....

Oh and that's a nice pic of a redtailed hawk

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back