• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

chiffchaffs (1 Viewer)

Chiffchaffs

NaturePete said:
Had the first one singing in my garden on Saturday. Got a good view of it out of the upstairs window.

Not bad, seeing as I very very rarely see any birds in the garden at all!

There seems to have been an influx, today in the local cemetery it seems that they were singing from every small tree, also a walk down Beaumont lonning had a count of 6, there were no singing Chiffs previous to today at these sites.
Ian

Had my first ones singing just outside Gilcrux, Cumbria last Saturday *31st March*

They're all over the place now in Cumbria :t:

First ChiffChaff seen and heard on the old Hornsea Railway line between Ouborough and New Ellerby. Didn't hang around long though.

Heard many Chiffchaff's today in the Forest of Dean & also around six heard on a visit recently to New Passage/Northwick Wharf near Severn Beach, got within eight feet of one there & just failed to get a photo of it. So near yet so far.

Rod.

Pretty sure i spotted one at the rare breeds centre near woodchurch today. It was quite high but im sure it had the darker legs and the right song,,, Mick

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back