• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brazil - Atlantic Rainforest October 2020 (1 Viewer)

Pash44

I will be visiting the Pantanal in Brazil in September 2020 with family and have been planning a birding extension in the Atlantic Rainforest around Rio and Sao Paulo on the way back - early to mid-October.

Planned itinerary as follows

Areas Birding Sites

1 Arrive Sao Paulo - Guarau Coastline
2 Intervales Access Road
3 Intervales Carmo Road
4 Intervales Lajeado Track
5 Intervales Carmo Road
6 Trilha dos Tucanos Lodge trails
7 Trilha dos Tucanos Lodge trails
8 Campos de Jordao Horto Florestal-Pedro do Bau
9 Campos de Jordao Estrada de Romario
10 Ubabtuba Fazenda Angelim - Cambuca Birding
Centre - Pousada Oikos
11 Ubabtuba - Pereque Folha Seca - Mr Jonas - Capricornio
Farm - Pereque
12 Itatiaia - Agulhas Negras Agulhas Negras Rd
13 Itatiaia Tres Picos Trail
14 Itatiaia - Regua Parte Baixa
15 Regua Brown/Yellow Trail
16 Regua Green Trail
17 Regua Waldonor/Yellow Trail
18 Regua/Itotoro Wetlands/Cedae Trail
19 Itotoro Pico de Caledonia
20 Itotoro Macae de Cima
21 Itotoro Sumidouro/Duas Barras
22 Itotoro to Rio Lodge grounds/Depart

The REGUA/Itotoro portion would be full-board, guided by Andy Foster owner of Itotoro Lodge. The plan is to self-drive a small van/4x4 taking a local guide (I am in discussion with a number of local guides) with us as far as Itatiaia and then using our vehicle plus Andy at REGUA/Itotoro. I would be happy to drive but I would want others to share the driving.

Prices are likely to work out in the region of $4500-5000 for 22 days all-in if we can get a group of 4.

Please PM if you are interested and want to discuss in more detail.

Thanks

Paul,

Just a shout out for for Regua really, a great little reserve as are Caledonia and Macae de Cima. I also spend a bit of time with Andy Foster when I worked there last year. A very pleasant, friendly young man, knows the reserve inside out and very good birder. You will be in good hands there.

Kevin

Price/Itinerary Update

2 birders signed up - looking for 1-2 more to make trip economical. Trip will be shortened to 16 days covering

Intervales
Trilha dos Tucanos
REGUA
Itororo

No longer visiting Itatiaia or Ubatuba

Approximate Price $2.5k for 3 birders, $2.25k for 4 birders including full-time guide, transport, food, accommodation, internal flight (Sao Paulo to Rio)

Please PM for further details

I'm more interested in the Pantanal part. It will be appreciated if you can share with me your plan and contact info of the local guide as it would help me a lot in planning my trip. My email is panwx 'AT' yahoo.com

I will be visiting the Pantanal in Brazil in September 2020 with family and have been planning a birding extension in the Atlantic Rainforest around Rio and Sao Paulo on the way back - early to mid-October.

Planned itinerary as follows

Areas Birding Sites

1 Arrive Sao Paulo - Guarau Coastline
2 Intervales Access Road
3 Intervales Carmo Road
4 Intervales Lajeado Track
5 Intervales Carmo Road
6 Trilha dos Tucanos Lodge trails
7 Trilha dos Tucanos Lodge trails
8 Campos de Jordao Horto Florestal-Pedro do Bau
9 Campos de Jordao Estrada de Romario
10 Ubabtuba Fazenda Angelim - Cambuca Birding
Centre - Pousada Oikos
11 Ubabtuba - Pereque Folha Seca - Mr Jonas - Capricornio
Farm - Pereque
12 Itatiaia - Agulhas Negras Agulhas Negras Rd
13 Itatiaia Tres Picos Trail
14 Itatiaia - Regua Parte Baixa
15 Regua Brown/Yellow Trail
16 Regua Green Trail
17 Regua Waldonor/Yellow Trail
18 Regua/Itotoro Wetlands/Cedae Trail
19 Itotoro Pico de Caledonia
20 Itotoro Macae de Cima
21 Itotoro Sumidouro/Duas Barras
22 Itotoro to Rio Lodge grounds/Depart

The REGUA/Itotoro portion would be full-board, guided by Andy Foster owner of Itotoro Lodge. The plan is to self-drive a small van/4x4 taking a local guide (I am in discussion with a number of local guides) with us as far as Itatiaia and then using our vehicle plus Andy at REGUA/Itotoro. I would be happy to drive but I would want others to share the driving.

Prices are likely to work out in the region of $4500-5000 for 22 days all-in if we can get a group of 4.

Please PM if you are interested and want to discuss in more detail.

Thanks
Hello, My name is Hudson Martins and I know the southeast region of Brazil, I live in Itatiaia RJ. If you need local guide, I am available.
My web site: www.birdsrio.com.br
My e-mail: [email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back