• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Muscovy Ducks need your Help!! (1 Viewer)

thepetsitter

Hi, I'm new to this site and I'm not even sure this is the right place to post this. I live in New Hamburg, Ontario Canada and the park that I walk through has the Nith River running through it and is home to various species of birds, ducks, herons & swans. The swans are looked after by the township and taken out of the water when winter approaches. Unfortunately, they do not look after the Muscovy Ducks. They did remove the 3 or 4 injured Muscovy's, for which I am thankful for, however, the 2 that are left will need to face another harsh winter unless protection is found for them. I'm reaching out to anyone, perhaps a farmer in the area that can provide shelter for these ducks during the harshest months of the winter.

Here's the ad I posted on Kijiji.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the upcoming winter there's a couple of Muscovy Ducks in the New Hamburg park that need some type of shelter, preferably a barn. Muscovy Ducks are native to warmer areas like Florida and are too heavy to fly any great distance, so unfortunately they are stuck up here during our harsh Ontario winters. Last year, some of the ducks suffered greatly, their feet froze and broke off, they suffered from frost bite on legs & the red fleshy parts of their faces. I believe there is still 1 or 2 left at the park.

If you can help or know of someone that can, please contact me at [email protected] or respond back to this ad.

Thank-you!
Stella

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back