Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Discover the ZEISS Digital Nature Hub

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Lesser Spotted Woodpecker Information

Old Saturday 9th March 2019, 12:29   #1
Goldcrest55
Goldcrest55

Lesser Spotted Woodpecker Information

Hi! Would anybody be kind enough to tell me some reliable areas in Cheshire, Derbyshire or Lancashire where I could see Lesser Spotted Woodpeckers. This is a bit of a bogey bird for me, and this year I am making a concerted effort to see one, (I know that now is a good time of year for them)! The last one I saw was in 1987! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Saturday 9th March 2019, 12:35   #2
Stephen Dunstan

If there are any reliable sites left in Lancashire I don't think they would be publicised.
Old Friday 3rd May 2019, 23:42   #3
Earnest lad

I understand there are a few reliable sites in Lancashire and Greater Manchester but these are not publicized due to twitchers inadvertently causing disturbance to the birds.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: