• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptors in Southampton/Hampshire (1 Viewer)

Nicks90

Good evening,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with good locations in the Southampton area or anywhere in Hampshire that is a good reliable place for either raptor viewing or owls. Raptors are my favourite class of birds and I've never seen an owl here in England. I appreciate specific locations cannot be shared but general areas would be fine.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.
Nick

Hi there. I'm new to this forum so others will know much more than I, however Titchfield Haven is just down the coast from you and on the canal path from Titchfield Haven to Titchfield village you can find Barn and Tawny Owls, Marsh Harrier, Buzzards, Kestrels and Sparrowhawk's and Red Kites of late which are appearing on the South Coast more frequently. Obviously what you seewill vary according to season and weather. Lots of others but these may be of interest and of course the newly reintroduced White Tailed Sea Eagles on the Isle of Wight may well pop over The Solent at any time.

Hope that helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back