• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

feral dogs anyone? (1 Viewer)

scuba0095

Hello

I was wondering if anyone here has ever encounterd feral dogs in the wild here in north american Canada? Me personal have seen a large wolf like creature (no way it was a coyote) in the woods one time HOWEVER here in kingston ontario (canada) the area is not suppose to have wolves so i had assumed it was just a large feral dog. It was grey in color and VERY skinny but extremly tall had a wo lf like head and looked old and mangy. didnt show much fear of people but kinda just looked at us and slinked back into the bush. Has anyone ever had strange encounters with cryptic canids such as this? i thought there must of been a wolf hybird however i contacted the ontario wolf organization and they said BOTh coyote and wolf hybirds with dogs in the wild are EXTREMLY rare as wolves will just kill any stray dogs that happen to venture on their turf. IF anyone has any similiar experiences please sure also pictures would be wonderful :)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back