• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

100 degree weather and no birds in my moving water bird bath (1 Viewer)

Caden2005219

I live in Northern Chicago and I have a moving water bird bath that has three levels to hold water, all of them have rocks in them and I have made them all shallow so the smaller song birds won’t drown. I have it next to shelter and it is easily visible as it is by a feeder that gets a lot of attention. I haven’t seen any bird touch the bath, if anyone has any ideas please tell me.

That is odd to say the least! When you say moving, does it have like a big noisey fountain, or is it more of a trickle? If it makes a lot of noise that might be scarey to them, you could try turning it off to see if they get curious.

Also, how long have you had it out? They are sucking up the water here. I have to do refills several times a day, front and back.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back