• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pro Guide 8x32? (1 Viewer)

Ted,

One of your cons was that you'd rate the BX-4 in focus sweet spot at about 50%. Then in summary you say that BX-4 presents a sweet spot clarity that is close in performance to your superb EL8X32SVs. Are your SVs not much better than 50% sweet spot in focus?

Upland,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, please let me rephrase.

My SV Sweet Spot, with their field flattening eyepieces, fills the whole FOV! The BX-4s Sweet Spot is about 50% of their total FOV, and in that smaller on-axis area, their clarity and performance remind me of the "same central area" of the EL 8X32 SV!?

IMO and to my eyes, the EL 8X32 SV has 100% usability of their FOV. The BX-4 has a usable 50% of their FOV, the rest of the outer field being a slow, gradual roll off in sharpness and clarity!

Hope this helps...

Ted

Thanks Ted,

That makes more sense. I'm considering these but am hoping Cabelas comes out with their own version at a reduced price.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back