• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon USA Owners Beware! (1 Viewer)

jgraider

I hope I'm not stealing his thunder, but Doug at CameralandNY, a superb optics dealer, great guy, and supporter of various forums, posted this on a couple other forums. Nikon USA has always been the most clueless bunch of clowns in the business....... Nikon owners here in the USA.....you just got screwed.

Just a heads up. We just received word from Nikon on their warranty policy update:

From Nikon:

We wanted to make you aware of a change that will take place regarding Nikon Inc.’s Sport Optics product warranty program. After review, we have decided to make some program adjustments that will require changes to in-store, online and other marketing materials.

PROGRAM CHANGE: Nikon Inc.’s product warranty is changing from the current product warranty to the following:
Lifetime limited warranty for the optical system of Binoculars, Fieldscopes and Riflescopes;
Seven-year limited warranty for non-optical system components of Binoculars, Fieldscopes and Riflescopes;
One-year limited warranty for electrical components of Binoculars, Fieldscopes and Riflescopes.

The Five-year limited warranty on all components for Rangefinder and Red Dot/Reflex sight products remains the same.

Please note that going forward we are ending our No-Fault Repair Policy. Therefore, the new warranty program will not apply to any SRO product that is subjected to misuse, alteration or accident or for damage caused from unauthorized replacement parts, will require consumer proof of purchase from an authorized dealer/reseller and will not be transferable from one consumer to another.

Not only that but Nikon warranties are only good in the country where you buy the equipment. If you buy a Nikon camera in Canada, the warranty is no good in the USA or other countries if it breaks while travelling. Not sure if Cannon is the same.

Hi,

the new warranty sounds just like your generic warranty over here in europe - although it's usually 10y for everything...

Joachim

Are these changes retroactive to binoculars already in consumers' hands or from-this-point-forward?

I believe Nikon has on several occasions changed their warranty; I imagine after any serious backlash, they may change this again.

I am not too worried about this change, as mentioned Nikon has changed their warranty before.

Now, the warranty is like most companies, a limited lifetime warranty.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back