• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lumix G6 (1 Viewer)

WOW these people are not stopping to take there breath.

16 MP, 7 fps, wi fi and NFC

should be a super camera as ever form panasonic along with the GH6 and GX2

Hi Doux
Wow! They really are churning them out. I was only looking at the G5 over the weekend, wondering whether to upgrade or not. I shall wait for the G6 now to see how that is reviewed. One issue I shall be interested in is shutter lag. On the G3, I do find the shutter lag (293 ms) feels significant and it would be good to bring that down to nearer that of the Canon 7D (at 131 ms). 7fps is great (nearly twice as good as the G3).
I shall keep my eye on this one :t:
Hobbes

Hi Doux
One issue I shall be interested in is shutter lag. On the G3, I do find the shutter lag (293 ms) feels significant and it would be good to bring that down to nearer that of the Canon 7D (at 131 ms). 7fps is great (nearly twice as good as the G3).
I shall keep my eye on this one :t:
Hobbes

OK Hobbes, i got the EPL5 with 9 fps, not sure how much is the shutter lag, but its really fast, but i am not very happy with it, because if you did not get the focus right (and that is very common in bird fotography) then you got 9 worthless frames, believe it or not the 3fps in the EPL1 were more convenient IMHO. also as the birds always moves, chances that many will also be OFF.

not that i am not happy with the upgrade, but some of the features do sounds WOW but in reality they are not that useful.

BTW the GH6 also looks promising, also some rumors about new EP5 from Olympus, which should be better then tiny EPL5 and with Wi Fi.

here they say :" maybe their very first fast f/2.8 MFT zoom" but will it be a long reach one, if it is 200 its nice, as with the internal digital 1.4TC it will give 560mm equivelent in the full frame

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back