Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

four legged imps

Old Sunday 20th May 2018, 18:32   #1
bigcypress

four legged imps

put the hummingbird feeder out about a month ago . shortly the racoon started emptying it every night so i started bringing it in at dark . this was followed by racoon climbing our conduit feeder rack and dropping peanut feeder to the ground so after a couple nights of this i started bringing it in as well . next it climbed the conduit and emptied log with peanut butter in it . i now bring all three of these feeders in . the chipmunk is digging freshly planted flowers out of pots on patio and squirrel is digging up seeds i planted in a dozen pots out by big pond . the little pond just got a couple dozen new fishies because the heron came after ice melted and cleaned out the remaining three it missed last fall . the heron has been eating the chipmunks for us the last few years but this year it has quit coming since arriving to find an empty fish pond a couple times . thanks for listening . . . peace......oh , as for birds . first visitor to hummingbird feeder was baltimore oriole , two days and it left . had a couple catbirds , and the usual , titmice , chickadees , robins , bluejays , wrens , etc.. wren has nest in wrenhouse but after winds last couple days i imagine any eggs in it are now ''scrambled'' . . . peace again
Old Sunday 17th June 2018, 00:51   #2
ElCucuy

Sweet mane... That's awesome . peace
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: