• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

very active hummers in SC (1 Viewer)

krazyhorse

yes its that time of year again here when they return, id liketo start by asking any hummer experts a ?, ok how many or what is the average eggs in a hummer nest? 2nd how long will the babes stay with the mom and or dad?, ok now for my reason for asking this , i have had a very dominant male here for about a month, he would drive off any new hummers, now last week about 6 new hummers showed up and a female that dont take any crap from any male after watching and photographing her i have found out that it is only the once dominant male that she will drive off, then while she's is working him over her , what i think are babes come to the feeder and eat, i have spotted 3 of her female babes and one male babe he is just starting to grow his beard"gorget" and another male that has full color but she will not mess with him, she is battle scared and losing color on her feathers on the back side of her neck, as i said i have been documenting this and totally find it fascinating, they are going thru about 1/2 gallon of food aday i am having to refill 3 feeders of my 9 feeders at a every otherday interval, her is just a couple of the few that i have and for more of mine go here http://www.onlinephotographers.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album138&page=1

Attachments

• landing1ju1.jpg
    landing1ju1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 241
  • youngmaleruby1ju1.jpg
    youngmaleruby1ju1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 240
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back