• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping Beginner (1 Viewer)

Good afternoon folks. My name is taz and my wife and I are newbies to digiscoping. My wife got interested in bird watching a few years ago. Even though I am an avid outdoorsman I didn’t see the excitement about chasing birds. However since going on several bird watching outings I have grown to enjoy it. I couldn’t help but feel bad cause my wife didn’t have these big camera lenses to reach out there like these others did so I decided to change that. I heard about digiscoping and decided to research it. To make a long story short I bought the new Swarovski 95 mm objective modular and atx piece and everything needed to adapt her Nikon DSLR D750. Haven’t had a chance to go out yet but I think it will be fun. Any starting advice or anything you can give us is greatly appreciated. Thanks or opinions

Taz... Your first car is Nürburgring qualified. Good for you. Actually, I think your first steps would be instructive for the rest of us. You may want to go to Youtube and watch some of the videos - even ones that do not address your specific kit. My wife and I are also starting albeit with small caliber weaponry. Good hunting.

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back