• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of the Middle East Arabic free app (1 Viewer)

I don’t speak Arabic but it’s good to see Latin names are included. Would be a handy resource for the images alone if I ever get to that part of the world. All for free.

I get a message that it is not compatible with my device (even if I use Android). The shop directs me to the English-language version which is pricey (like a paper book).

It works in my Samsung with English language Android 8. It should work in devices with Android 5 and newer. Google play publications may be restricted to certain countries, but then they should not appear in shop at all.

I've just downloaded this successfully onto an Android device. I already have the English version, but it's still worth getting this because it has a lot more sounds on it. Many species have recordings on the Arabic version that don't have recordings on the English version.

I've just downloaded this successfully onto an Android device. I already have the English version, but it's still worth getting this because it has a lot more sounds on it. Many species have recordings on the Arabic version that don't have recordings on the English version.

Andrew, I'm told also that some of the recordings on the Arabic version are better-quality, but I've not done any comparisons myself.
MJB

Andrew, I'm told also that some of the recordings on the Arabic version are better-quality, but I've not done any comparisons myself.
MJB

Yes, I get that impression having compared back and forth a bit. For many species there's a wider selection of calls too. On the English version there's mostly just one recording per species.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back