• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Baltimore County Year! (1 Viewer)

So, I cannot 'officially' list this one, because I like to see the bird before I list it.

However, I like to keep this thread as a record of big birding events for the year too. I heard an owl tonight in the woods across from my development, probably a Great Horned Owl.

Got a lifer on a walk with Eugene today. April is shaping up to be a great birding month!

April 16, 2013

#50 Blue-headed Vireo B :)

Stroll with Eugene around my home patch, yielded two. Plus my first Eastern Bluebird in the patch.

May 2, 2013

#57 Hairy Woodpecker B :)
#58 House Wren

I've been birding for just over a year now, and am going to start birding regularly outside of my walkable neighborhood.

Quarry Lake, Pikesville
May 10, 2013

#60 Spotted Sandpiper B :)
#61 Double Crested Cormorant
#62 Yellow Warbler B :)
#63 Baltimore Oriole B :)

Last edited:
Leaving the neighborhood has paid off fast.

Cromwell Valley Park
May 11, 2013

#64 Eastern Kingbird
#65 Tree Swallow
#66 Northern Rough-Winged Swallow B :)
#67 Orchard Oriole B :)
#68 Bobolink B :)

Last edited:
A walk with Eugene around the woods of our development produced a surprising one for the habitat. Not just a flyover either.

Our Development

May 14, 2013

#71 Green Heron

Milford Mill Park

Out with a larger birding party.

May 18, 2013

#72 Scarlet Tanager B :)
#73 Red-Eyed Vireo
#74 Wood Thrush B :)

Last edited:
May 22, 2013

Home Turf

#77 Ruby-Throated Hummingbird B :)

May 25, 2013

Soldiers Delight Park

#78 Eastern Wood-Pewee B :)

Last edited:
Been busy with other things, but went out to see this lifer that someone else spotted yesterday.

June 12, 2013

Quarry Lake

#79 Common Loon B :)

A great trip to North Point State Park yielded some easy lifers I was missing, plus some amazing views of Peregrine Falcons!

June 30, 2013

North Point State Park

#81: Little Blue Heron B :)
#82 Great Egret B :)
#83 Osprey B :)
#84 Black-Crowned Night Heron B :)
#85 Peregrine Falcon B :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back