• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Arrow Valley Lake and Park (Redditch) (2 Viewers)

Red-legged Partridge on north of park yesterday morning. Also added Raven and Oystercatcher of late. Full info on the blog.(+ the odd cheeky twitch)

If you are planning an early visit to the lake be aware that there is currently a Police Incident there. No access to the eastern footpath (Battens Drive side) or along Black Soils brook. Plenty of Swallows around and Heron chicks on 2 nests.

Dropped in this afternoon when weather was at worst hoping something good had dropped in. (Did Wyre first thing then Upton)

Sadly no Terns but 30+ Swallows, 15 Sand martin and a Housemartin.

Digiscoped at few Swallows

Attachments

• DSCN1371.JPG
    DSCN1371.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 109
2 Oystercatcher in north of park this morning 7am. Then called into lake this evening and managed to get poor shots of these 2 Common Tern which landed for about 15 minutes before moving on.

Many Sand Martin and Swallows also present

Attachments

• DSCN1382.JPG
    DSCN1382.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN1388.JPG
    DSCN1388.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 97
A couple of digiscoped images from this afternoon. (Located 2 different birds)

Lesser Whitethroat reported in Ipsley Meadows

Attachments

• DSCN1397.JPG
    DSCN1397.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCN1398.JPG
    DSCN1398.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN1399.JPG
    DSCN1399.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 103
2 Reed Warblers this morning. One at Ipsley end and 1 by the Duck feeding station. 2 Swallows. Couldn't see or hear the Whitethroats.

I just had 1 Reed Warbler at bottom of east path. No Common Whitethroats (but still very wet) but there were Greenfinch and normal Willow Warblers in that scrub land.

Located at least 2 Lesser Whitethroat in Ipsley Meadows. Couldn't get an image as dog walkers kept flushing them. Will try again.

Dave - if you stay on path (past bungalow) and reach the cycle image showed in the image below, I'm sure you will find them. I saw 2 together but they may have been 3. Call could be picked out easily.

Attachments

• IMG_4330.JPG
    IMG_4330.JPG
    350.8 KB · Views: 112
Thanks Neil, I'll have a look later this morning. 3 Reed Warbler today; the 2 I mentioned yesterday plus 1 on main island. Also 2 Common Tern.

Kingfisher 6.45 this morning. Flew under bridge where the brook runs into the the lake. Went into the Reed bed by the duck feeding area.

Pair of Kingfishers getting very territorial over the top of the lake. Same place as previous post; flew over the path a couple of times then along the brook and back into the reeds.

Oystercatchers

Suppose they have been reported long time ago but I don't get here that often.....2 Oystercatchers resting in the middle of lake alongside the gulls.
Quite a few GCGrebes about with a few pairing up.
As I was almost in the car park home a pair of Buzzard did a quick circle overhead.

Attachments

• New Canon 174 063 1 low.jpg
    New Canon 174 063 1 low.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 120
  • New Canon 174 052 low.jpg
    New Canon 174 052 low.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 90
  • New Canon 174 164  2 A  LOW.jpg
    New Canon 174 164 2 A LOW.jpg
    784.2 KB · Views: 109
  • New Canon 174 163  1  A LOW.jpg
    New Canon 174 163 1 A LOW.jpg