• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North Ronaldsay (1 Viewer)

JustinG

Justin
Hi,

Could someone advise me on the quickest and/or cheapest way to get to North Ronaldsay, Orkney Islands from south Wales?

Many thanks.

Justin,

You have to get to Kirkwall first - unless you charter direct to North Ron from Wales . . .

Once at Kirkwall your options are either the ferry - one sailing a week on a Friday, £8.10p for a foot passenger, or fly from Kirkwall Airport. £36 return or just £21 return if you stay for at least one night.

PM me if you need anymore help/info.

It's probably cheapest to drive - but if you don't want to drive , take the train to Aberdeen, ferry up to Kirkwall, night in the convenient and very cheap peedie hostel in Kirkwall, and then over to N Ron. I think flights between the islands in Orkney are cheap, but it's always nice to do a bit of birding from the ferry.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back