• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (5 Viewers)

Saw a Brown Booby at Baytown in Texas yesterday morning.
Jeff

Attachments

• 10690309_10152388350583061_5557166647116625711_n.jpg
    10690309_10152388350583061_5557166647116625711_n.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 71
551 Great Bustard. At least 31 of them in a field near Buschow 1, Brandenburg Germany 23 09 14

Attachments

• ARD_6044.JPG
    ARD_6044.JPG
    292.8 KB · Views: 71
Great skua at Filey, North Yorkshire last week 22nd Sept. Missed the rarer birds that had been there the previous days so it was a bit of a consolation.

Yesterday, I chased the Red-faced Warbler found on Tuesday at Galileo Hill's Silver Saddle Ranch, the first record of the species in Kern County.

Great Skua

On a pelagic trip September 20, 2014 out of Bar Harbor, Maine, USA sponsored by Maine Audubon. Along with the Great Skua, other new birds were Atlantic Puffin and Wilson's Storm Petrel. I failed to photograph those, but a South Polar Skua put on a show for us. While not a life bird, it was a great state bird for Maine.

Photo of the South Polar Skua is attached.

Jeff

Attachments

• South Polar Skua IMG_5192.JPG
    South Polar Skua IMG_5192.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 69
Since then followed up with a California Condor! Tomorrow I hope for Island Scrub Jay.

Niels

Condor remains the one California specialty this native Californian (me) has yet to see in the wild. I've seen captive individuals at the San Diego Wild Animal Park, and I've had the chance to see wild birds at Pinnacles National Monument (now a National Park), but they were a no-show on the one morning I was there. Lucky you!

I've seen Island Scrub-Jay exactly once, eight years ago. Cool bird, even if it is just a slightly bigger, darker blue version of the mainland scrub-jay.

We were at the coast in Monterey Co when spotting three condors (first 1, then two more) in a kettle with Turkey Vultures. This was from the parking lot of a park called Andrew Molera SP.

We did have success with the island scrub jay. We also saw the island fox and on the journey over had fin whales!

Niels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back