• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (7 Viewers)

Hudsonian Godwit on 25th April 2015. My first World tick since a Hawk Owl in Helsinki on 7th December 2013. I need to get out more!

All the best

Willow Tit at RSPB Ken- Dee Marshes.

Followed by a half- lifer by getting Red- Legged Partridge last weekend. Seen them once before years ago, but was never recorded anywhere!!

19 April, Tansa WLS, Mumbai. Forest Owlet.

( Had the Blacktoft Hudwit ...... so I'm not bothered about missing an "old hat" bird ;) )

Last edited:
Two weeks ago I made my first trip to Mull and ended up having a lot of lifers: Golden Eagle, White-tailed Eagle, Otter, Merganser, Black Guillemot, Slavonian Grebe, Eider, Velvet Scooter, Great Northern Diver, Shag, Pink-footed Goose, Great Skua, Icelandic Gull, Hooded Crow, (plus Common Gull and Rock Pippet; birds I thought I'd seen before but not confidently enough to tick when I started keeping a list)

And although strictly not a 'lifer', I also had my first decent watch of some hen harriers (twice watching pairs do a food exchange)

Last edited:
A couple of days at Xiolangmen, in the Eastern Tombs outside Beijing, gave me Brown Eared Pheasant, Chinese Leaf Warbler, Claudia's Warbler, Grey-sided Thrush and Chinese Flycatcher as "proper" lifers and Eastern Blackbird, Chinese Beautiful Rosefinch as "1st since split" records.

Hello,

Yesterday, I saw my first cuckoo: an American black billed cuckoo. The sighting was in New York's Central Park.

Image by Louis Agassiz Fuertes.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

Attachments

• blackbilled cuckoo.jpg
    blackbilled cuckoo.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back