• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone been to Belize? (1 Viewer)

Birds of Belize by H. Lee Jones and illustrated by Dana Gardner, is the best book to get. It only came out in 2003, so its up-to-date and was written by the main expert in the region. I believe that a guide to the birding sites in Belize also came out recently, but I haven't seen it yet.
Tom

tomjenner said:
Birds of Belize by H. Lee Jones and illustrated by Dana Gardner, is the best book to get. It only came out in 2003, so its up-to-date and was written by the main expert in the region. I believe that a guide to the birding sites in Belize also came out recently, but I haven't seen it yet.
Tom

This is the best Belize guide at the moment, I bought it a few months ago. Very well laid out with good illustrations, descriptions and area maps. Covers almost all the migrants aswell. Highly recommendend.
Where abouts in Belize are you planning to go? We spent a month near Dangriga in the Mayflower reserve in the Maya mountains. Birds everywhere. Blew us away!!!

Steve

Thanks so much for the info. I'm on my way to check Amazon.com to see the book you recommended is available there. We will be in Dangriga briefly, Steve. But most of the time will be spent on Glover's Reef Marine Reserve, 36 miles out in the Gulf. Hopefully get to see some pelagic birds. And birding is not really the main emphasis of the trip, just an enjoyable highlight on the side. Dave

peachykeen said:
Thanks so much for the info. I'm on my way to check Amazon.com to see the book you recommended is available there. We will be in Dangriga briefly, Steve. But most of the time will be spent on Glover's Reef Marine Reserve, 36 miles out in the Gulf. Hopefully get to see some pelagic birds. And birding is not really the main emphasis of the trip, just an enjoyable highlight on the side. Dave

Glover Reef's great, we spent some time on South Water Caye nearby, loads of seabirds. If you are into diving the barrier reef is not to be missed. Have a good one!! :bounce:

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back