• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

It must be to do with the weather! (1 Viewer)

bill moss

Hi folks,

Having said that, it's not as nice a day today, dull overcast so you should excuse the photos please. But it's mild for the start of Feb and that's what counts I suppose. Anyway (Mr Coward please forgive me).......

'Crooks do it, cooks do it,
Even great big black Rooks do it........'

And then they saw me pointing the camera at them and flew off together.

Bill

Attachments

• DS rooks on wire allopreening 010207 1.jpg
    DS rooks on wire allopreening 010207 1.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 42
  • DS rooks on wire allopreening 010207 2.jpg
    DS rooks on wire allopreening 010207 2.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DS rooks on wire allopreening 010207 3.jpg
    DS rooks on wire allopreening 010207 3.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 39
Nice one Bill. You should see what a pair of my namesakes have been getting up to in my garden ;)

Of course, the pedant in me ;) can't help pointing out that the original song was by Cole Porter (although Coward did add a few verses)

Ahhh, how sweet!! Well caught Bill, but I don't blame 'em for flying away!! knowing there's a voyeur looking on!! and getting it on camera too!!! ;) LOL, who wouldn't fly away!! LOL:'D :'D :'D

bill moss said:
Hi Robin,

I know, but it was the NC version that I had in mind.

Bill.

Ooooh, you've got me going now, cher Bill !!! :D

Pretty naughty lyrics, aren't they? Not just Educated Fleas, Ruth, but also:

"I've heard that lizards and frogs do it
Layin' on a rock
They say that roosters do it
With a doodle and c..k"

NAUGHTY, eh? ;) (Mr. Porter's words, not mine, I hasten to add !!!) o:)

Anyway, Bill, it's nice to know that your Rooks are feeling frisky! I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder... let's face it, you wouldn't fancy frollicking with Madame Rook, would you now? The face that would sink a thousand ships... :-O (Madame Rook's, not yours, dear Bill !!!)

Love - Chanteuse

Last edited:
Linda Beaumont said:
Not just Educated Fleas, Ruth, but also:

"I've heard that lizards and frogs do it
Layin' on a rock
They say that roosters do it
With a doodle and c..k"
Well I'll have to take your word for it my dear as I'm much too young to remember the rest of the words!!!!! :-O :-O
BTW....you've changed colour???
I'm sure it was red before???

Ruth Daniel said:
Well I'll have to take your word for it my dear as I'm much too young to remember the rest of the words!!!!! :-O :-O
BTW....you've changed colour???
I'm sure it was red before???

Ooooh, Ruth, I don't know what came over me, posting such a naughty verse!!! (o)<

Maybe it's the sap rising already (Spring is in the air, eh?)... ooops, that sounds a bit oooh-là-là, too !!! lol !!!! :loveme:

Yes, it was red before... when I saw my posting in print I thought it was a bit too outrageous, so I toned down the colour to a nice innocent blue... :-O

Hope I don't get kicked off BF for my sins!!! All I can say in my defence is that BILL started it, YOU took up the song... and one thing led to another!!! Anyway, CP made lots of money from his witty lyrics, n'est-ce pas, Bill? ;)

Linda Beaumont said:
Hope I don't get kicked off BF for my sins!!! All I can say in my defence is that BILL started it, YOU took up the song... and one thing led to another!!!
......said the actress to the bishop!!!!!!!!!
No I'm sure you won't my dear.....the mods know that deep down we are all just little o:) o:)

Linda Beaumont said:
let's face it, you wouldn't fancy frollicking with Madame Rook, would you now? The face that would sink a thousand ships... :-O (Madame Rook's, not yours, dear Bill !!!)

Oh Oh the PC police will be knocking on your door tonight Linda for uttering those sexist words.... |})| |})|

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back