• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

South France (1 Viewer)

Hirondelle

Hello, this bird has been found yesterday in south France after hitting a bay window.
After a short rest it took off on its own initiative.
I'm not sure it's a commun bird here, I'm trying to figure out its species name.

Thank you everyone,
Hirondelle

Attachments

• Unknown bird.jpg
    Unknown bird.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 74
A great bird for your Garden list!, didn’t realise the bills were that dark on young birds.

Cheers

A great bird for your Garden list!, didn’t realise the bills were that dark on young birds.

Cheers
Yeah, the dark bill got me thinking, too. I've never paid that much attention to that detail in the field, so I'm not sure if that's normal or not. Maybe there's some staining involved?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back