• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 20x/30x/38x Wide Angle Eyepiece (1 Viewer)

kcdauber

BabaRyan
I'm looking for the 38X WA eyepiece for my ED82. It's been discontinued, and I've looked (I think) everywhere for one without success. Can anyone provide some advice for where I could find one? Is a newer model eyepiece available that would also fit my ED82?

Thank you,
--Karl

This one?

http://www.opticsale.com/nikon-fiel...ftrk=gdfV2656_a_7c772_a_7c6880_a_7c041_d_7463

I have no experience with this vendor so am not recommending them. Just pointing out one place that seems to carry them.

Hmm, speaking of which, they do have the 27/40/50x WA as well. I will try to put an order in and let you know what happens.

;)

Edit: Yeah, scratch that. I cannot get the transaction to process here on this computer. Will try it again at home.

Last edited:
This one?

http://www.opticsale.com/nikon-fiel...ftrk=gdfV2656_a_7c772_a_7c6880_a_7c041_d_7463

I have no experience with this vendor so am not recommending them. Just pointing out one place that seems to carry them.

Hmm, speaking of which, they do have the 27/40/50x WA as well. I will try to put an order in and let you know what happens.

;)

Edit: Yeah, scratch that. I cannot get the transaction to process here on this computer. Will try it again at home.

I can't say I'd give it a try, Frank. They've got lawsuits against them from Opticsplanet. Crazy stuff about intellectual property rights and "cybersquatting," which I don't even know what the latter means, etc. Opticsplanet contends former employess stole stuff and sold it under Opticsale, which explains the delays I guess. Takes time to raid the warehouse. Besides, they have everything in stock, no matter how obscure, and no customer reviews on anything, on the website anyway.

On the other hand, it would make for a great BF story.;)

But I'll betcha they don't have the 27x.

Mark

Yeah, I gave up on that one before I really started.

Still keepin' an eye out for any Nikon Fieldscope eyepieces. If I find a treasure trove of them somewhere I will be sure to post about it.

;)

Frank and all:

Yes what a gem of a little spotter! Like you I am continually amazed every time the niffty 50 draws a bead on a target. Consistently quite sharp and on a par with some top-tier scopes I have AB'd it against. I was fortunate to pick up most of the twist-up/twist-down eyecup Nikon fixed-power oculars awhile back, some at closeout prices. I feel they compare very well with premium astro eyepieces of similiar config (think Panoptic), being sharp all the way to the edge and very clean across the entire FOV. I vacillate between the 20 and 27X EPs, basically keeping the 20 on during the winter and on overcast days. The 20 is also great on Hawk Watch towers, allowing one to scan the horizon for kettles, yet because of the ultra sharp image it's very useful for iding even far off raptors. This despite the fact at 20X the image might be smaller than one would like. The precise rendering of fine detail more than makes up for that.

I picked up the zoom but never reall cotton'd much to it.

I (and I suspect many others) would definitely be interested in what you come up w/ in the way of an Astro adapter! I have some 1 1/4" oculars I would love to try out on this scope!

cheers,
UTC

Yes, I found the Optics Sale site as well. Unfortunately, although they advertised they had it, they actually did not. Told me the manufacturer told them it was discontinued. Duh.

As to original post, if anyone knows where I could get it, I'd sure like to know. Also, will the newer eyepieces fit on an ED82? Seems kinda dumb to come out with new eyepieces that won't fit scopes that were sold not long ago (I bought my scope less than 10 years ago!). Bad business sense.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back