• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please Help??? (1 Viewer)

carra

Hi Everyone
I've just joined this for some advice. Yesterday I found what appears to be an adult crow it was dragging itself along by its 'elbows'. I took it home hoping it was just tired and it ate and drank but 24 hrs later i can see its got no balance. Its legs move and it can grab my finger but cannot stand up. Can this bird be saved??
Thanks
Carra

Hi Carra and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

We have some general guidelines here for the care of injured and baby birds. But it sounds as though you need to get this bird to a vet, they don't usually charge for treating wildlife.

Hi. I know for a fact the vet will put it down so if there's a chance it will recover I'd like to give it that chance. If not I'll take it there. Any ideas what is wrong with it?

Carra

It might be a disease or injured legs due to being hit by car, or it might be in shock from being grabbed by a raptor. Keep it warm, quiet and preferably in a darkened place for another 24 hrs but if no change by then I would take it to a vet. Best of luck to you and the crow.

Lee

In lieu of a vet, do you have any wildlife rehabilitators in your area? That may be a good alternative for the bird.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back