• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

high quality metal prints of birds? (1 Viewer)

I have just had several photos printed on aluminium (with an acrylic sheet as well) and am very happy with the results. However, I would like to wall mount them and this is confusing me. Smaller prints usually come with hanger plate glued to the back, and I assume that "normal" picture hooks are suitable for them. Larger prints have a 4 sided rail glued to the back instead, and all the suppliers' websites say things like "this enables easy and secure fixing to the wall". However I can find no guidance concerning exactly how they expect this to be achieved. I've emailed the firm that supplied mine, and basically they haven't a clue either. The aluminium rail has a small recess that could sit on a nail/screw but I would not describe this as secure. If anyone has a good solution, I'd be very grateful.

Not sure who you used for the prints however i have had very large images printed for customers and they have just hung them like a normal picture.A secure hook/screw holds them just fine on any i have had printed.i have used DSCL and Loxely for aluminium prints.

I used CEWE, but all European suppliers who show photos of the mounting channel seem to use very similar systems. They are designed to be flush against the wall and only have shallow recesses to accept any nail or screw head. It just seems very insecure to me. By contrast, in the USA they supply a proper interlocking wall bracket but I believe that this is because dry walling is predominant there.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back