• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Car park charge starting for non members of the RSPB reserve of Snettisham in May. (1 Viewer)

Ian, you're latest post contained RSPB 9 times.......24 in total amongst your comments , more than the combined total of all the other replies in this thread. Anything amiss?

“One might have surplus RSPB;
XBut, it probably will not be free !
XIf paying for parking
XIs anyone narking:
XAway in their car, they can flee !”

I think that the RSPB is too cautious of creating bad publicity to go down the ticketing/clamping route - those in the shooting industry and their close friends in the media would jump at the chance of using it against them. So I suspect it might be a bluff .....

i must agree why should non members not pay at snettisham or any other reserve and if rspb need more money start charging motor home over night stay fee such as at titchwell theres normaly one there most mornings thats been there over night [for those whos up early enough to notice
martin

Just out of curiosity how is RSPB membership going. In 2015 there were 1m members, pretty much the same as now. They are standing still! There lack of punching power (grouse moors etc) and things like astronomical parking charges are likely to be partly responsible.
People today expect communication to be much better, the RSPB are still in the dark ages, some of the bird sightings pages are so delayed it is ridiculous.
It's run like an old boys club, sadly I think it will always be that way.............

I’ve just been reading a blog by one of the RSPB members of staff on the RSPB Forums that RSPB reserve Fowlmere is going to start charging £2.00 for car park charging for non-members. It seems that the RSPB are slowly expanding more of there reserves with car park charges, where there’s no visitor centre or reception for individual admission with pay and display.
Ian.

I’ve just been reading a blog by one of the RSPB members of staff on the RSPB Forums that RSPB reserve Fowlmere is going to start charging £2.00 for car park charging for non-members. It seems that the RSPB are slowly expanding more of there reserves with car park charges, where there’s no visitor centre or reception for individual admission with pay and display.
Ian.

I think we've now got that the RSPB is introducing car parking charges for non-members. :cat:

I'm not a rocket scientist but I'm willing to advance an hypothesis that eventually it will be universal.

John

I think we've now got that the RSPB is introducing car parking charges for non-members. :cat:

I'm not a rocket scientist but I'm willing to advance an hypothesis that eventually it will be universal.

John
I wonder if car park charging will eventually happen if not all, but the majority of RSPB reserves.
Ian.

Quite a number of RSPB reserves are leased, how will that affect car park charging at those reserves. I’m thinking along the lines of the situation at South Stack Cliffs.
Ian.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back