• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

LCD shade-magnifiers (1 Viewer)

Forcreeks

If you want to see something new in nature!
United States
Having found Birdforum.net and learned much from others, I learned of EagleEye UK and of the Xtend-a Veiw LCD shade-magnifier. I purchased the mini (for my 1.5 inch LCD) and want to report this is the single biggest improver of my digiscoping since I began. I had come across the same idea, but had converted a cheap plastic-lensed viewer (it came with a picture of me golfing in it!). The well made, high precision lens Xtend-a Veiw is invaluable in making a sharp focus and assessing exposures not to mention just seeing your subject better. Yesterday I was able to release the shutter every time a hummingbird flashed the gorget color at me, resulting in shots like I've been trying to nail for 2 yrs. You can see the results in my gallery. Thank you Xtend-a Veiw.

And those shots are incredible Forcreeks.

I have so far managed without a sunshade but I am starting to think it could be worth the investment.

Rich

I'd second that, my photos took an up turn in quality and more consistent results through using the xtend a view. What I'd perviously thought were soft images through bord movemnt were more likely through inaccurate focussing. It's far easier getting the focus correct with the viewer.

As mentioned in another thread Photosolve do what looks to be the exact same viewer for a cheaper price. I have the pro version from EagleEye and the mini from Photosolve and the construction is the same.

Actually, Photosolve make the extend-a-view.... and maybe a few other things that Eagle Eye sell. They have some sort of reciprocal trading, Photosolve distributing Eagle Eye products and Eagle Eye distributing Photosolve products.
Andy

I have added Photosolve to my faves list and will study it when I get the adapter and start digiscoping properly.

The extend-a-view made my attempts at digiscoping a heck of a lot easier. Notice I say attempts but it was such an improvement over trying to read the monitor in the glaring sunshine.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back