• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Saddle Creek Park, Florida (1 Viewer)

Alan henry

Australia
Could anybody give me some details about Saddle Creek Park in Lakeland, Florida

I am staying at Esprit in Davenport (Non Driver) between 18th October/6th November

look forward to any info

Best regards

Alan Henry
Falkland Islands

Alan henry said:
Could anybody give me some details about Saddle Creek Park in Lakeland, Florida

I am staying at Esprit in Davenport (Non Driver) between 18th October/6th November

look forward to any info

Best regards

Alan Henry
Falkland Islands

Hi Alan, I've been there twice, but not for a couple of years.
I recall that it was a nice birding site, albeit a bit 'public', so solitude won't be available.
Limpkin is a certainty, plenty of Alligators and a fair few warblers is my recollection.
I'm pretty sure there are details on the Florida Birding Trail website
http://www.floridabirdingtrail.com/

Enjoy your trip.

Florida Birding trail will give you details - also about the Tenoroc Mine just up the road. If you go from the middle of Lakeland along Memorial Avenue stop at the power station on Lake Parker to see if there are any interesting herons by the outflow.

You get a nice variety of woodland birds as you walk the trails, red shouldered hawks, osprey, and when I usually go in February, large flocks of white pelican, enormous flocks of black and turkey vulture and lots of fish crows.

I'm afraid I don't know how to get there by public transport - I've never dared to travel in the USA without access to a car.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back