• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northern Cardinal Feeder "test setup" (1 Viewer)

Aloof1

Was thinking of putting a live stream camera on my main feeders.
Totally new to this and still looking for what i can do with what equipment is out there..and then figuring out what works best for the Main feeder.

A good place to start is right at my place for the testing phase. Right now I am using uStream with a Logitech c920 webcam may be testing with other equipment later on.

The Feeder and the location is perfect for a testing phase...its Perfect for Northern Cardinals!
To the left of the feeder is their "singing" or "chirping" tree of choice, They mostly use this tree for their territory calls in the spring/summer and they still use it to location chirp to each other all the time.
To the right of the Feeder is a few Raspberry and blueberry bushes, these bushes have been bringing in the Cardinals all Summer long multiple times a day. The feeder is perfectly in the middle of the tree and the bushes.
The Feeder itself is a Cardinal Proven Stokes Snacks N Treat Tray filled with Safflower (white) which is also a Cardinal Favorite.

Mainly only the Male and Female Cardinals use this feeder, maybe a few local House Sparrows and maybe a random field mouse. Other than that the feeder sits empty but what it lacks in quantity it makes up in quality...Cardinals!! Guaranteed multiple visits everyday (hint..listen of the "chirps" as you usually will hear them coming).

Let me know what you think..

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cardinal-camera

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back