• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello! (1 Viewer)

Welcome on board Diego! It was about time to show your work to a more sencitive
public since this forum includes few of the most talented bird artists working today! I`m sure that your presence here will be an enrichment for everyone...

Paschalis

welcome aboard

I'm intrigued by the flowering of bird art from Spanish artists- has it always been there, just not obvious to a UK observer, especially pre-internet?

or is it a recent thing, younger artists, that seems to have kicked off partly through illustration

at the time of Artists for Nature in Extremadura, the artists seemed flown in for the much part, but I'm thinking now the home team would be more obvious

it's a pleasure to see

welcome aboard

I'm intrigued by the flowering of bird art from Spanish artists- has it always been there, just not obvious to a UK observer, especially pre-internet?

or is it a recent thing, younger artists, that seems to have kicked off partly through illustration

at the time of Artists for Nature in Extremadura, the artists seemed flown in for the much part, but I'm thinking now the home team would be more obvious

it's a pleasure to see

Ed's far more knowledgeable about this than I am but I seem to have noticed the same thing about so many Spanish bird artists. In any case happy to see it and happy to see your work here.

Thank you all for such warm welcome! Paschalis you know I admire your work and I am very proud to read your words about my work. Thanks also to the rest!

On the subject of Spanish artists, fortunately in Spain the number of birders in recent years is growing considerably, and the number of activities and offerings linked to bird watching and nature. This is getting to the work of the artists are sued where demand had not before.

Internet is being essential, of course (in fact I got here through contacts with other artists through social networks), and hope to remain so to break the few barriers to spread the work of professionals. On what Ed says, say I have 33 years :) So I can say I'm a young guy eager to work in what I like :)

Greetings!

Nice to see your work here on the forum, Diego! Welcome, and like the others, I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Welcome aboard Diego - wonderful illustrations here and I look forward to seeing more of your art posted on the forum.
You and your fellow countrymen who are fascinated by the natural world are really blazing a trail which the rest of us can follow. I also noticed, as Ed mentions, this huge upsurge in Iberian art, and to a slightly lesser extent, art from Italian painters. No doubt the presence of Juan Varela - one of THE finest exponents and communicators - must have had an influence.
Keep on posting Diego - wonderful work!!!!

Thank you!
I think in general there is a greater environmental awareness that goes beyond the art of nature, and that's a good thing. What happens is that those who intend to devote to art are focusing our priorities, and mine is to use my work for environmental disclosure.

Juan Varela's work is of course a reference to the Spanish artists, but also for the non-Spanish, and through the power of social networks and the Internet, it is no less than yours and I think that's something well, generate shared knowledge.

The wildlife artists must be like the birds we paint, passing through countries and continents from heaven and see no line separating each other.

I'm working on a new bird guide which I can not yet show any work, and soon will my notebook Iberian Hawks in Tundra Ediciones I hope you enjoy it.

Regards and thanks for the welcome!

Hi Diego,
Nice to have you here at Birdforum and look forward to seeing your work posted here, already a great, great start!
Alan.

Thank you all!

This is my last work in process. I had long wanted to return to work with falcons. Unless a kestrel for a couple of projects on time, did nothing from the "overdose Falconidae" I got doing artwork Nature Tundra next book to be out this month or next. Brand new pad of watercolor Saunders Waterford 300 g has been the excuse to start drawing this Lanner falcon. In next chapters, the color...

Attachments

• lanar.jpg
    lanar.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 64
I finished!

European lanner falcon. Watercolor on paper Saunders Waterford 300g. 31x23 cm. 2013

Attachments

• lanario-fin-baja.jpg
    lanario-fin-baja.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 80
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back