• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Colonel Boris' scruffy old sketchpad. (1 Viewer)

Ha!! Great stuff. Engaging sense of humour those antipodeans possess, no? Good to see the birder had buoyant bins with him - at least they survived . . .

Ian Fleming said:
He disagreed with something that ate him
Funnily enough, the guy who writes the articles is a UK expat as well and it was a visiting birder from the UK causing the trouble.

brilliant, that isn't the chav robin's hat is it? ;-)

Ah pity da foo'... ;)

Cheers!

It'll be interesting to see what I've got for the next issue in a few months...

I've been offline for a while as we've movd house from Australia to the UK and we're still sorting out somewhere to live and getting the new position underway, so not much time to have caught up on what everyone else has been doing.
I've finally had the chance to get to a scanner, so here's a couple that I drew on the aircraft (drawing passes the time on a 14-hour Singapore-LHR flight...) and a couple of birds, too...

Attachments

• inflight_3_800.jpg
    inflight_3_800.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 67
  • inflight_4_800.jpg
    inflight_4_800.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 69
  • white_winged_trillers_800.jpg
    white_winged_trillers_800.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 63
  • ringed_plovers_800.jpg
    ringed_plovers_800.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 78
Somehow I missed this thread completely while taking time (too much, obviously) away from the forum. Glad I found it with your new post, and just spent time going through it. Great work here! Hope to see more.

Crikey. Finally got a house and moved our stuff in, unpacked and slowly settled in, so back to drawing...
The first one is for yet another Tales From The Track - this time about IDing corellas in WA. I tried to scan the original (this being a mobile phone photo) at work and left it in the scanner. One of the desk warmers down the corridor decided to recycle it rather than ask around if anyone had left any artwork about the place...
The second is the second in a possible series of "lots of waders". If I went in for titles, it'd be called "black-white-black-white-black-white" or something like that.

Attachments

• corella_line_up_2_1200px.jpg
    corella_line_up_2_1200px.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 62
  • lapwing_flock_1_1200.jpg
    lapwing_flock_1_1200.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 55
Thanks, Oivind!

Finally got round to finishing the Waxwings and also managed another drawing this evening.

Attachments

• bohmian_waxwings_1200.jpg
    bohmian_waxwings_1200.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 78
  • eurasian_oystercatchers_1_1200.jpg
    eurasian_oystercatchers_1_1200.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 71
Having had a play with coloured pencils I appreciate your work even more now SUPER:t:

Thanks!

The kids are ill and wanted me to make them something, so as I was making some small flag patches at the time, they got patches of some of their favourite birds. They're only small at about 1 1/2 by 1 inch, but that sort of thing keeps them happy.

Attachments

• patches_1b.jpg
    patches_1b.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 72
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back