• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recording butterflies in Ayrshire (1 Viewer)

Bubo-R

Hi folks - anyone record here? I've tried the Ayshire section of BC but it seems out of date and possibly defunct - I can't see where I can record to??

Last week I spotted/photographed a female Holly Blue in Alloway, a dime a dozen down south of course, but pretty sure this is something special for these parts. I know they've been spotted in either Rozelle or Bellisle Parks over the past few years, so I'm hoping this is clear evidence of these little beauties gaining a foothold here. I've also only lived here for a year so confess I'm not too familiar with the range of such species - the paper atlases I have (Milennium and SouthWest Scotland) are obviously and inevitably rather out of date in this regard.

Anyways, I'll stop rambling, and if anyone can provide any further info on Ayrshire HBs as well as how to record them, I'd be much obliged...

Just in case the recorder void for Ayrshire has been filled, spotted another Holly Blue on Sat 3/8, this time in Ayr (beer garden of Fox & Willow). Just what I had been hoping for, a local sighting for the second year in succession, and hopefully a clear sign of establishment in these parts.

I had also been hoping for Comma, as I have had them in the garden in the Edinburgh area a couple of years ago - despite being a bit further south now, I haven't managed to spot one in Ayrshire yet - still time for this season I suppose...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back