• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new to my garden (1 Viewer)

zoe4eva

Hello all. I am very new to this. Can you please help me in the identification of this little bird.

he is roughly the same size as a robin and is very very shy.

thankyou

Attachments

• IMG_2794.jpg
    IMG_2794.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
woohoo, that's what I thought. That's the 4th new species in a week.
I'm so chuffed. the bird feeders have only been getting a few different birds, and since Autumn has started, there seems to be a lot more coming. The kids are loving it, and so am I.
Thankyou for replying

Dunnock. They are canny little birds.

I always have feeders up no matter what time of year. If you dont have a fat ball feeder it is worth getting one. The fatballs at the moment in poundstretcher are 49p for 6 and home bargains are about the same. They are a really good energy food for the birds at this time of the year. And dont forget a water supply for them, if you cant afford a bird bath an old plant pot saucer or even dinner plate is good, as long as it is not too deep and you put clean water in a daily basis.

I have every type of feeder, peanuts, nyger, sunflower hearts, fat balls, suet block and water bowl, and table bit. Then the robin comes to that little slab, and all the shy ones hide down there. I am going to build my perfect bird table this weekend, I can't find any I like atm.
Have had the feeders out since February, but it took the birds 9weeks to even get sparrows. I was starting to lose hope. Now I'm in heaven. The past week I've had coal tits, chaffinches, goldfinches and now the dunnock that are new. I'm so so happy.

Keep it going! It was my parents starting to feed the birds in their garden when I was about 10 or 11 that started me off.

It's great the variety of birds you can get in your garden by persisting with feeding them :) And you'll find that the range of species can be quite different each season.

We have 100's of swifts outside, during the summer, so next year I'm going to build a multi box and put that on the front of our house, and put the calling noises in there and webcam. It's hopefully going to be really good to watch

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back