• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I’m going to be on Birdwatching Magazine (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
First Podcasts, then TV and now magazine. I have just finished a Q&A interview for Birdwatching Magazine. It will have a whole page dedicated to me and it will be featured in a forthcoming issue.

Gosh Euan... that's just wonderful.

Very well done getting out there laddie.

Way to go! Good on you, Euan. I’ll actually have to read the magazine when it comes out. Usually I just flip through it.

Oh that's great Euan. I'll look forward to reading it lad.

Well done Euan. I’ve just read Gordon’s interview in this month’s issue. It’s probably the first article I read.

Rich

Ah. But did written word match up to the person you vaguely know? I had about half an hour to draft some silly answers when someone far more famous than me dropped out at the last minute. I just hope that no-one took my answer of 'Move to Norfolk' too seriously when asked what was the best way to improve your #200 list;)

Hi Gordon... long time no see.... I hope you've been keeping well through these difficult months?

Ditto,
had intended to put yout guide to good use this year with my wifes first visit to Scotland but alas we've been thwarted.

Thanks for the good wishes. Don't worry - it's never a hardship to go/go back. Fortunately, mountains don't move very far, so most of the information in the book is still accurate. I envy your wife though (no, not in that way...). I can remember our first trip to the Highlands over 30 years ago, and the excitement that it produced - and is still producing.

I was supposed to be leading a trip from the Grant Arms this spring, with Birdwatching Magazine, but obviously that never materialised. Some of the things that I have enjoyed most over recent years is taking guests to places they would never have thought of going to themselves.

There are a few amendments to the book though. There is a new hide on Mull, just after you get off the ferry from Oban - sea eagles etc.

There is a new hide along Loch Arkaig - sea eagles, ospreys etc

There is a new hide on the Glenlivet Estate - breeding waders

They have changed the layout of the footpaths at Ravens Rock Gorge - but the bear is still there.

Gordon said:
hanks for the good wishes. Don't worry - it's never a hardship to go/go back. Fortunately, mountains don't move very far, so most of the information in the book is still accurate.

... and the roads don't change much either. Though there may be a bit more grass growing along the centre of some of the A roads now I guess.:-O

Today is the day Birdwatching Magazine featuring my interview is available to buy at newsagents. If your newsagent doesn’t sell the magazine you can order a copy at https://www.birdwatching.co.uk

Thanks for that Euan.... I'm considering my options at the mo.

I used to buy the magazine, but had to cancel in the end as I was struggling to read the small print, ending up only reading the headlines! They didn't have an on-line version at that time.

Now I see you can get it on line, I might do it that way instead, starting with this one of course LOL

... and the roads don't change much either. Though there may be a bit more grass growing along the centre of some of the A roads now I guess.:-O

The road from leading northwest from Altnaharra to Loch Hope - which I described as Mamba Country in the book (miles and miles of bugger all) - was an absolute death trap last time we tried it. The road due north from Altnaharra was certainly sprouting grass. I was always surprised that the 'Beware Lambs' signs there were all in German - Achtung Lamben.

The first half of the minor road from Bonar Bridge towards Loch Fleet had all been done up for assorted heavy lorries; the second half was full-on pothole country.

Well, how strange. There's no info as to how much it costs. But I went ahead with installing.
It tells me it's 'installed' but no information forthcoming on cost, how to pay; or what to do now. I can't find an icon to click on or anything?

I'll re-look later!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back