• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (5 Viewers)

Jos, do all your LTT's have the completely white heads? I believe they are of the N. European race.

Extremely rarely I get the europaeus race more familiar to UK birders, but otherwise always the northern caudatus (huge numbers migrate through in autumn, smaller numbers breed and winter).

sparrowhawk from last month,not very good picture but here goes.

Attachments

• IMG_8831.JPG
    IMG_8831.JPG
    376.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8859.JPG
    IMG_8859.JPG
    304.5 KB · Views: 45
Some fantastic photos on here :t: trying to do a bit of a catch.

My garden is still like Grand Central Station at the moment with all the usual birds, the Chaffinch are still around I hope they stay after the snow has gone! It is melting now and for the first time in a while the water dish wasn't frozen solid this morning!

I'm going to try and update my blog with some of the snow pics a bit later today!

1 for sorrow, 2 for joy, 3 for a girl ........ whats 41 :-O

6 lots of gold and one silver

well no more sign of the harris hawk since the other day, lots of gulls but they all seem to be our resident black headeds
and we had a distant fly past from some pink footed geese the other day late on. which was nice to see.

4 moorhens just strolled through the garden...amazing!

A cracking bird for the garden aren't they, I have 4 visit mine too. Filled my feeders up this morning, but actually been fairly quiet so far, just a few chaffinches in and out with some greenfinches, also song thrush again.

Good updates and pics from everyone.

Glad to report Mr GSW is still visiting regularly.Yesterday there were 2 Song Thrushes and the surprises today were a Fieldfare and Goldcrest. Siskins aren't numerous, but one or two pop by occasionally for nijer seeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back