• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trying to access the RSPB website for Big Garden Birdwatch (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

Is anyone else having problems trying to access the RSPB website for the RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch. I'm trying to register my results, but at the moment the website seems to be down. Not a very good time for this to happen.
Ian.

Yes - wasn't working at 10 this morning and still down.

It couldn't have happened at a worse time. There may be some people trying to register today to take part this morning.. The RSPB Community Forum though has been extremely slow for quite awhile now despite members complaining as well.
Ian.

It's still hopeless at 3.45 this afternoon, an apology appears on their website. Meanwhile for me back to reliable pen,paper and snail-mail to send results in.:C

Proabably too many people trying to do the results at once. I normally wait a couple of days before I do them.

Well I have managed to register my results after trying for nearly 2 hours. But I've got 2 emails thanking me for registering my results. So I have a feeling the RSPB somehow has just receaved my results twice.|8(|
Ian.

The RSPB website is back up and running again. But one part that I can't access is The RSPB Community Forum, and unlike the rest of the RSPB website is still down. There's been huge problems on that forum since early last year, such as running very slowly, taken ages to download photographs and videos of wild birds and members have been complaining for quite awhile now and now it's the second time in a short period that the forums of the RSPB have been down for at least a whole day or longer.
Ian.

I had the same problem but switched from IE to Google Chrome and went straight into the Community Forum. I take it that is something to do with IE history still recording it as down

Last edited:
The RSPB Community Forum webpages seems to be down again this morning. This couldn't have happened at a worse time this with this weekends Big Garden Birdwatch.
Ian.

Still giving errors for me this afternoon. Seems silly that they don't account for the massive increase in traffic this weekend. Or maybe we expect too much...?

Still giving errors for me this afternoon. Seems silly that they don't account for the massive increase in traffic this weekend. Or maybe we expect too much...?

I never had problems accessing the RSPB's webpages in previous years of the Big Garden Birdwatch weekend. But since they changed the RSPB's community forum webpages, there's been massive problems, for example very slow at times changing pages, also very slow at downloading videos and photographs of wild birds and other wildlife. Despite members concerns, after more than 12 months, these problems are still continuing.
Ian.

tried to register my results today, pages very slow to load, after 20 mins gave up. will try again tomorrow. I have never had this problem in other years. glad its not just me.

Well, the RSPB Community Forum is still down this evening, making it the second day without access to it, although i was able to access it for a few hours late on Saturday evening. That forum always seems to have problems lasting more than a whole day. The problems all started with the new look forum more than 1 year ago.:C
Ian.

Last edited:
I managed to submit my records only 10 mins ago using Chrome. It was admittedly a little slow but that could've just been my Internets fault

I managed to submit my records only 10 mins ago using Chrome. It was admittedly a little slow but that could've just been my Internets fault

Yes you can get into the RSPB website and I think most of the contents as well, but it's the RSPB Community Forum that's down and also unavailable in Google Chrome as well and appart from a few hours on Saturday night it's been unavailable for 2 whole days now. It always seems to be happening now.
Ian.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back