• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SDL v2 eyecup repair/replacement (1 Viewer)

Hi there.
Recently damaged my SDl v2 eyepeice eyecup. The optics are fine just the actual twistable eyecup has been dented and is now stuck in the up postion (photos attached). This allows the scope to be still usable. But I would like it fixing or a new eyecup if possible.

Has anyone ever had repairs made to or obtained a replacement eyecup? I know damage to the eyecup is nmot covered by the eyepiece guarantee itself.

What is the process of sending something off to Opticron for repairs ?

Thanks for any advice

Attachments

• 20180403_095715.jpg
    20180403_095715.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 20180403_095726.jpg
    20180403_095726.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 63
Hi Scholesy,

I had exactly the same situation last year. Fortunately the folks at Opticron were fantastic and I obtained the replacement parts for the SDL v2 for about £25 (if I remember correctly), together with a step by step photographic guide showing how to complete the task provided by Stuart in their service department. The job was pretty straightforward if a bit fiddly. I suggest you give them a call and ask to speak to Stuart.

Hope that helps,

Patch

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back