• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stay-on case for ED50 (1 Viewer)

just to add to my earlier post, although I had to fill in a delivery charge on my online order form, Cley Spy told me in their confirmation email that postage is in fact free. Well done Cley Spy.
My only problem now is that the tripod screw fitting on my ED50 has fallen apart (not dropped, or put under any great pressure). Has anyone else had this problem? I thought someone might have posted on it but couldn't find anything on a brief search.
It wouldn't happen on Nikon's made in Japan scopes....

dogfish said:
just to add to my earlier post, although I had to fill in a delivery charge on my online order form, Cley Spy told me in their confirmation email that postage is in fact free. Well done Cley Spy.
My only problem now is that the tripod screw fitting on my ED50 has fallen apart (not dropped, or put under any great pressure). Has anyone else had this problem? I thought someone might have posted on it but couldn't find anything on a brief search.
It wouldn't happen on Nikon's made in Japan scopes....
[as with all my scopes] i have used a plastic tie to secure a long camera / mobile phone wrist strap to the scope body, which i then clip to the tripod head. plus the tripod q /r plate is glued to the scope.

Last edited:
I have an ED50 & cannot really see what the advantage of a SOC would be. The one that comes with the scope serves its purpose andslips off and on easily - not that I use it very much either.

duster said:
I have an ED50 & cannot really see what the advantage of a SOC would be. The one that comes with the scope serves its purpose andslips off and on easily - not that I use it very much either.

I you are in poor weather, a SOC really will protect the scope. The case that Nikon currently provides is a pain to get off if you are wanting to look at a bird quickly. Think I am deffo going to get the Cley Spy one for my birthday....

Alex

Alex_sk said:
I you are in poor weather, a SOC really will protect the scope. The case that Nikon currently provides is a pain to get off if you are wanting to look at a bird quickly. Think I am deffo going to get the Cley Spy one for my birthday....

Alex

The current case is just useful for transporting in the car, no good for out in the field as you say, Cley Spy's new protective case will do just that, plus will be able to cover lenses up quickly now if it starts to rain, whereas currently I have to put the dust caps on, very irritating, looking forward to receiving my case I have ordered.

Best Wishes Penny

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back