• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Juan Varela - Artist! (1 Viewer)

Wonderful work that's just eaten up my painting time this morning.
I'll be visiting the SWALA show a couple of times so I'll keep an eye out for this guy's work. Cheers Tim and Paschalis.

Mike

His illustrations in 'Aves de Espana' are superb - there can be no greater praise that, when I first saw this book, I thought Lars Jonnson had illustrated it. I wish that Lynx would do an English language version of that guide in large part because it would make his work would be better known in the anglo-phone world. So. if you liked his webpage, do yourself a treat and buy the book (its not expensive). From my brief contact with him by email a few years ago, I can add that he's also clearly a very nice guy,

John

Brightened my day considerably, some very nice work there, will have to go back for seconds. That Buzzard watercolour sketch is just superb, as it a lot more of the work...

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back