• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

spring targets? (1 Viewer)

Right now I am focused on late waterbirds that may be moving through, as well as snipe and woodcock. It's a good time to look for owls too, though I can't really do that in the city.

Later on I am going to focus on warblers. There are a few that I would like to add to my life list this year, particularly cerulean and Cape May. Yellow-throated would be nice, too. Bobolinks are another species I want to see this spring.

My spring targets are Hoopoe, Woodchat and Hobby for my regional list that is Lothian, and on a planned trip to the Isle of May in May !, Thrush Nightingale(Scottish tick) and Bluethroat as a find tick.

Not being too greedy there as I havent mentioned Golden Oriole, Lesser Grey Shrike, bucket loads of Red Backed Shrikes, Serin, Red Footed Falcon and Nightingale as I will leave all that untill next spring !

I'm going to cheat a bit and visit France in May to hopefully see Golden Oriole, Bluethroat, Marsh Warbler, Kentish Plover and some Egrets. Fingures crossed.

There are a few warblers lacking on my life list--yellow-throated and worm-eating warbler come to mind. If I can find the time to drive down to Carolina Sandhills NWR, I would like to finally add red-cockaded woodpecker to my list.

Home Bird said:
Spring is springing and migration is underway. Do you have any special targets for this season?
Waiting for the Golden Orioles to arrive and all the shrikes,got an early Hoopoe in the garden last week

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back