• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Whats this a Pencil (2 Viewers)

Cheers Peeps ;) again Charcoal of a couple of the Fieldfare that dropped on a wall whilst I was searching for Hen Harriers. I think Id better get the brushes out before I have go back to square one. A3ish again

PS may I ask those of you that use Burnt Sticks what do you use for blending. Im currently using screwed up bog roll.

Attachments

• fieldfare 002 (700 x 483).jpg
    fieldfare 002 (700 x 483).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
These are really, really nice! My favourite of the charcoals so far. I've never had fieldfares in my garden even though there are plenty about locally, but last year I did get a couple of days in the snow when a load of redwings cleared up the cotoneaster. This year I want some of Tim's waxwings please.

Mike

Screwed up bog roll looks fine as a blending tool to me!

Charcoal ain't easy to get the hang of but the petrels and the fieldfares are particularly good.

cheers, Andrew

Many Thanks all for the comments above. Something a little different for me.The begginers art forum I visit, quite a few peeps do pen and wash which I always thinks looks great. My first attempt 6 months ago was a disaster so id never tryed again untill now. Its blady good fun if nothing else. The birds were sketches from you tube the back ground just out of my head. both a3 size

Attachments

• pen and wash 001 (537 x 700).jpg
    pen and wash 001 (537 x 700).jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 48
  • pen and wash 005 (700 x 500).jpg
    pen and wash 005 (700 x 500).jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Crikey - first the charcoals now the pen and ink! That's it mate - I'm speaking to the mods to get this thread officially closed down!! Too good - really. The crests are a really striking design - great range of poses creates a pleasing design. love the l-t ts - speacial little birds. Cracking work, Paul - keep on!

Not a lot done of late bar a couple of little attempts. First one is a few sketches of a Desert Wheatear I went to see a couple of weeks ago. It wasnt done in the field but from photos and poor vids. I have noticed over the last couple of months that for many years Ive seen birds but not actually looked at them if that makes sense. Second Pic is a few little field sketches from today Teal, Blackhead, Tufty and Great Northern Diver certainly better than my last attempt that lined the bin :-O

Attachments

• desert painting 002 (426 x 600).jpg
    desert painting 002 (426 x 600).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 98
  • Fieldsketchs 036 (600 x 421).jpg
    Fieldsketchs 036 (600 x 421).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Cheers lady and Gents. Stood at the back door having a fag I decided grab the paints to sketch a dove sat in the tree I think i got the basics in 10 mins

Attachments

• back door pic 005 (426 x 600).jpg
    back door pic 005 (426 x 600).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 82
Thanks Ken I do enjoy water colour & perhaps one day Ill be happy with the way the final piece comes out. Bramblings with splishy sploshy stuff and a Blue Tit for my niece the biggest fan of ones scribblings, more than my own kids. Great Northern Diver done with Burnt Stick

Attachments

• brambles 006 (600 x 414).jpg
    brambles 006 (600 x 414).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 77
  • mono diver 006 (600 x 426).jpg
    mono diver 006 (600 x 426).jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 91
  • izzy 002 (442 x 600).jpg
    izzy 002 (442 x 600).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 90
Thanks Ken I do enjoy water colour & perhaps one day Ill be happy with the way the final piece comes out. Bramblings with splishy sploshy stuff and a Blue Tit for my niece the biggest fan of ones scribblings, more than my own kids. Great Northern Diver done with Burnt Stick

great Great Northern: I do like that powerful but relaxed posture

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back