• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

DBA VHD+ Monocular (1 Viewer)

Pete , Do you have any spec's ? .... Eye relief or FOV. Thanks , gwen
I'm also interested in the new DBA VHD+ Monocular, esp the 8x42, to add to my 6x32 Traveler binos. I've been looking at the 8x42 BGA Monocular for a while.

The BGA monocular has the same specs as the Imagic BGA binoculars, so I suspect the DBA VHD+ monocular specs will be the same as the DBA VHD+ binos.

If so, that will mean the DBA VHD+ Monocular will have 366FOV, 22 eye relief, 8.2' close focus. Not quite as good as the BGA monocular with 378FOV, 22mm eye relief, 6.6' close focus. Not much difference in FOV, eye relief the same, but 1.6' close focus distance matters to some of us who watch butterflies and other nearby things, so if I'm right about the close focus, I'll likely go with the BGA instead of the DBA, unless the optics are much better.

Still a bit large to have in the pocket all the time, so I would also like to see a Traveler 6x32 monocular, based on their 6x32 traveller binocular, which I use most often among my binos. 423FOV, 19mm eye relief, 4.9' close focus. This would weigh only about 5-6 ounces!

Larry Burt
Portland, Oregon

Has the Opticron 10x42 DBA VHD+ Monocular truly been for sale yet
I have one ordered on backorder presently and can anyone chime in on ownership of the Opticron 10x42 DBA VHD+ Monocular?
Thanks

The DBA VHD+ monocular is in stock in both our UK and US warehouses. We are taking orders from our stockist dealers but if you can't find one in stock with your preferred supplier and/or you aren't getting any updates on a backorder, please contact Opticron direct for information on how and where to purchase.

HTH

Best regards, Pete

The DBA VHD+ monocular is in stock in both our UK and US warehouses. We are taking orders from our stockist dealers but if you can't find one in stock with your preferred supplier and/or you aren't getting any updates on a backorder, please contact Opticron direct for information on how and where to purchase.

HTH

Best regards, Pete
Well not really, this morning correspondence........

We have not issued any stock to any of our dealers here in the US, however we do have the item available from stock at the head office.

Kind regards

Michaela

Michaela Burgess

Company Administrator

Opticron LLC

Tel: (704) 895 3046

Fax: (704) 895 3047

Web: www.opticronusa.com

www.facebook.com/OpticronUSA

Mail: Opticron LLC, 16501-D Northcross Drive, Huntersville, NC 28078

Unfortunately we can't force dealers to place stock orders, even if they have orders from their customers. Perhaps you can advise our US office which dealer you have placed the order with and we may be able to try to move things along.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back