• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptors and egrets (Singapore) (1 Viewer)

gkamov

Yeah, birds.
Bulgaria
Hi there!

Some birds that I found tricky to ID during a recent trip to Sungei Buloh in Singapore - would appreciate your help!

1. Huge stretch but still - any idea what these two raptors are?
2. Great or Intermediate Egret?
3. Two Intermediate Egrets?
4. Cattle Egret?
5. Pink-necked Pigeon or Little Green-Pigeon?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 23.23.02.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 23.23.02.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 23.24.49.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 23.24.49.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 23.25.51.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 23.25.51.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 23.46.36.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 23.46.36.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Black Kites are rather rare migrants in Singapore. The default would be the Brahminy Kite. The bird at the top actually looks like a crow. Most likely House Crow but we do have the Large-billed Crow as well.

Black Kites are rather rare migrants in Singapore. The default would be the Brahminy Kite. The bird at the top actually looks like a crow. Most likely House Crow but we do have the Large-billed Crow as well.

Agree - very unlikely to have a Black Kite in Singapore at this time of the year (this is claimed on ebird for 18/5) and extremely rare any time in the northern winter. The photo certainly not up to claiming Black Kite ....

Agree - very unlikely to have a Black Kite in Singapore at this time of the year (this is claimed on ebird for 18/5) and extremely rare any time in the northern winter. The photo certainly not up to claiming Black Kite ....

I retracted the entry on eBird - did some research on my own and indeed it's a very slim possiblity that these are black kites.

I still think, though, that these are raptors and not crows...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back