• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meopta Customer Service (1 Viewer)

Anansi

Make Time to Stop and Look Once Again
Has anyone in the US had any problems with Meopta customer service?

I purchased a new, from dealer, Meopro 6.5 x 32 last October, and am having trouble with an eyecup that fails to lock. I called Meopta US last month, and was promised they would send me an eyecup, so I gave them my address. Three plus weeks later I did not receive any part. I tried to call Meopta US again, and no one picks up, and if you do not know the extension, you cannot get through. So I emailed Meopta, and several days later I received a reply, asking me for more information so that I could send the binos in for repair. After sending Meopta the information last week, I have not received any reply.

Am I being too impatient? Hopefully Meopta fixes their phone system so that you can leave a message (they do not have an operator if you have any questions), and are more responsive.

To be continued.

Has anyone in the US had any problems with Meopta customer service?

I purchased a new, from dealer, Meopro 6.5 x 32 last October, and am having trouble with an eyecup that fails to lock. I called Meopta US last month, and was promised they would send me an eyecup, so I gave them my address. Three plus weeks later I did not receive any part. I tried to call Meopta US again, and no one picks up, and if you do not know the extension, you cannot get through. So I emailed Meopta, and several days later I received a reply, asking me for more information so that I could send the binos in for repair. After sending Meopta the information last week, I have not received any reply.

Am I being too impatient? Hopefully Meopta fixes their phone system so that you can leave a message (they do not have an operator if you have any questions), and are more responsive.

To be continued.

One question: Can you replace the eye cup yourself if they send you one?

If not, they have a procedure to follow when sending in your binocular for a repair. You should be able to find that out with your initial phone call.

See the phone number in the link below to get an RMA number? (Return Merchandise Authorization.)

http://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/us/product-service-1.html

The copyright of the website is 2012 so one wonders if it is up to date?

Bob

Update:

Ceasar, I called Meopta 3 - 4 weeks previously, and they said they would send out an eyecup for me to replace. I gave them my address and phone number, and nothing came in the mail. So I tried calling their CS #, and could not get through. You have to have someone pickup (as they did previously), or the call cycles through the menu continuously. I emailed them, and they took a while to respond. My response to them was taking some time, so I posted here in frustration. On Monday, 2-2, they finally responded via email, and I received an RMA#, and sent the binos in.

Update:

Ceasar, I called Meopta 3 - 4 weeks previously, and they said they would send out an eyecup for me to replace. I gave them my address and phone number, and nothing came in the mail. So I tried calling their CS #, and could not get through. You have to have someone pickup (as they did previously), or the call cycles through the menu continuously. I emailed them, and they took a while to respond. My response to them was taking some time, so I posted here in frustration. On Monday, 2-2, they finally responded via email, and I received an RMA#, and sent the binos in.

And about time I would say! One would think that with their big subsidiary in Long Island, NY which employs 120 "highly skilled" associates they could employ a couple who could answer their phones and respond to e-mails.

http://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/us/about-meopta-1.html

Bob

Update:

Customer service is hard.
A new customer does not care about the thousand others that were dealt with effectively, s/he only has their individual experience to go on. Managing that process to achieve consistently superior results is very difficult. Swarovski appears to be the only firm that has really cracked the code.
Meopta needs to step up its game here if they want to achieve alpha status.

I've called Meopta USA probably 20 times over the past couple of years. During normal business hours of operation I've never failed to get a live human on the phone, ever. I didn't like the cheesy objective covers on my 10x42 HD's so I called them about it to purchase the better ones. They sent them to me no charge.

I've called Meopta USA probably 20 times over the past couple of years. During normal business hours of operation I've never failed to get a live human on the phone, ever. I didn't like the cheesy objective covers on my 10x42 HD's so I called them about it to purchase the better ones. They sent them to me no charge.

Clearly, they knew who they were dealing with. 8-P

Many phones were "off the hook" over the last few weeks because of the SHOT Show and Safari Club International, etc. and people taking vacations after the Christmas rush.
Good luck with the repairs, I hope you don't have to wait to long.
Art

I have emailed them on two separate occasions. One one, I had a very nice and helpful conversation with multiple responses when I was asking for confirmation that the Cabelas Euro 8x32 HD was indeed a MeoStar 8x32 HD.

On the other question I was simply ignored.

To be fair, my questions were more on the technical/product information side and not customer service as being described here. I was not presenting a problem with a purchased product but just digging around.

I have the 8x32 Euro HD and the 10x50 MeoStar. The 10x50 is very sharp and contrasty as long as you don't point it at the sky. I like it for the $800 (sealed box) I got it for. I have to admit though, it is a better hunter than birder.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back