• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Arrow Valley Lake and Park (Redditch) (1 Viewer)

Not seen as many fish for years......on the ARROW looking down from the smaller of the two bridges near where you view the Egrets nest....if some other quieter places have as many then should be Kingfishers around.

Attachments

• Canon 2017 JUNE 17 221 A.jpg
    Canon 2017 JUNE 17 221 A.jpg
    458.8 KB · Views: 67
PICS....
1...is it me or are all the Common Terms darker this year...LOL

2..Heron and Egret neighbours.

3...G.C.Grebe

4...Mating Banded Demoiselles

Attachments

• Canon 2017 JUNE 17 199 S.jpg
    Canon 2017 JUNE 17 199 S.jpg
    613.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Canon 2017 JUNE 17 156.JPG
    Canon 2017 JUNE 17 156.JPG
    634.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Canon 2017 JUNE 17 034 A.jpg
    Canon 2017 JUNE 17 034 A.jpg
    866.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Canon 2017 JUNE 17 100 A.jpg
    Canon 2017 JUNE 17 100 A.jpg
    921.9 KB · Views: 68
A solitary Tufted Duck on the lake just before 8 this morning.
I haven't spotted the Little Egrets for a couple of weeks, so they've either moved on or I'm not looking in the right places..

Last edited:
FINALLY.......1st time spot of Kingy at Arrow Valley....the river was running a bit high and he was on the North shore in the low trees.....followed it along the edge but never got a clear sighting....lost him around the bridges area on the river.Looked again on the river for some time and when I got back to the pool he was near the Boat club and then shot across to the island.....strangely there was not a lot around today....a few Cormorant and 1 million Robins...lol

Attachments

• KINGGGG 1.jpg
    KINGGGG 1.jpg
    814.4 KB · Views: 67
  • KINGGGG 2.jpg
    KINGGGG 2.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 66
  • SWANNNNNN 1.jpg
    SWANNNNNN 1.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 81
  • SWANNNNN 2.jpg
    SWANNNNN 2.jpg
    795.7 KB · Views: 73
Slavonian Grebe at Arrow Valley Lake showing well at 11.30 am as per albional on Birding in Worcestershire page.

Surprised noone else has posted a picture of the bird.

I also got some uninspirational video showing the bird up close, but relaxed, as joggers, dog walkers and other park users continually passed by.

Attachments

• Slavonian Grebe.jpg
    Slavonian Grebe.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 96
Shelduck at Arrow Valley this morning.
An adult, female Shelduck was at the lake this morning from first light until flying off in a North Westerly direction at 08.25hrs. Not sure if this is a first??
I managed to get a few shots and have posted them on www.ukbirders.com
Not the best of quality as I was chasing it around for some time with a 150-600mm lens (hand held)!

Goldeneye still present this morning (08.00) near Duck Feeding Area. Unfortunately, looks like it has a damaged left wing so may become resident. Still diving OK so able to feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back